・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・◆◇◆ Select Language ◆◇◆・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・
Chinese ・ English ・ Indonesian ・ Korean ・

 Spanish ・ Thai ・Malagasy・ Vietnamese ・ Bengali 
・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・・

2021/12/17

A beautiful day in KOFU




Hello everybody!

My name is Anna and I am from Namibia.  I am a Masters student at Yamanashi University as a JICA scholar.

I came to KOFU about 4 months ago and so I am interested to know about its history. Last weekend, a friend and I took part in the Bike Tour event that was organised by KOFU City.    The tour began with a relaxation type of meditation for 30 minutes at Nojo-ji temple. It was incredible! Afterwards, we cycled around a few places that included a visit to the Kai Zenko-ji temple.  This temple is located in the centre of KOFU city.  I love the way history is preserved, it allows you to appreciate the effort put in it. 

We also got a chance to see the autumn tree colours locally known as koyo, when the leaves turned to stunning shades of yellow, gold and red at the Furoen garden.

In Namibia, we only have two seasons, which are summer and winter. So seeing all those shades of beautiful leaves was amazing. 

I would highly recommend a visit to KOFU if you plan to travel any time soon!

Click here for the Japanese report!

日本語のレポートはこちらから!